About High Atlas Foundation
The High Atlas Foundation is a Moroccan association and a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2000 by former Peace Corps Volunteers committed to furthering sustainable development. HAF supports Moroccan communities to take action in implementing human development initiatives. HAF promotes organic agriculture, women’s empowerment, youth development, education, and health. Since 2011, HAF has Consultancy Status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
HAF is dedicated to local initiatives that community beneficiaries determine and manage:
- Sustainable agriculture: Nurseries of fruit trees and wild medicinal plants, irrigation efficiency, organic certification, technical skills-building, carbon sequestration, and commercialization
- Education: School infrastructure, gardens, and environmental stewardship
- Health: Clean drinking water and waste management
- Women’s and youth empowerment: Self-discovery, human rights, and cooperative development
- Capacity-building: Participatory planning and project, organizational, and environmental management