Interested in engaging in a motivating, high-paced, life-changing experience to help Moroccan communities? Well, the High Atlas Foundation has just what you’re looking for!
The High Atlas Foundation (HAF) was formed by the vision and drive of former Peace Corps Volunteers. Since its birth in 2000, HAF has carried the tradition of service and flourished because of the support of passionate interns and volunteers to help further the organization’s mission. Students, young professionals, and individuals inspired by the High Atlas Foundation’s efforts to create sustainable development in Morocco have joined our team and shared their skills and expertise to develop projects, provide administrative assistance, and help share HAF’s story with the global community.
Internships are unpaid (without housing or a stipend) and are a minimum of 2 months (preferred 3 months) with various focuses. As an intern, you will be responsible for managing your own projects and responsibilities, so we look for candidates who have displayed independence in their previous work. You will gain insight into the High Atlas Foundation’s operations and activities in Morocco while gaining experience in various areas related to sustainable development and NGO development. We offer internship opportunities with our offices in Morocco and remotely.
In order to be considered for an internship, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining 1) why you are interested in working with the High Atlas Foundation, 2) your area(s) of expertise, and 3) the time period/dates for which you are interested in interning.
HAF is currently looking for interns with experience in the following fields:
- COP 22 Climate Change and Social Media (urgent)
- Administration and Human Resources
- English Teaching
- Finance and budgeting
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Improved agricultural techniques
- International trade experience
- Organic certification
- Social media
- Water resource management
- Web design
All interns are be expected to display:
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French, English, or Arabic (for safety reasons, English speakers
MUST have intermediate knowledge of French or Arabic, with French being preferred)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional independence and initiative