HAF is excited to welcome Rabia El Alama, Managing Director for the American Chamber of Commerce in Morocco, to the Board of Directors! With twenty years of experience in project management, entrepreneurship, and international business, Rabia is looking forward to working with HAF to build its corporate giving program, helping to develop creative ways to engage corporations in philanthropy. A true public servant in Morocco, Rabia actively contributes through her volunteer activities to the empowerment of women, women’s access to healthcare, access to education for rural girls, and the reduction of poverty. Read more about Rabia and HAF’s other members of the Board of Directors.
With a combined seventy-five years of assisting development projects in Morocco, HAF’s eighteen member international board of directors is committed to responding to the priority development projects of local communities. Founded in 2000 by a small group of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers wanting to continue to make a difference in their country of service, today 56 percent of HAF’s board members make their ties to Morocco outside of the Peace Corps.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS BY THE NUMBERS:
- • 18 Board members
- • 12 reside in the US, calling home NYC, DC, and Boston
- • 9 women and 9 men
- • 8 Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, with services spanning between 1968 and 2005
- • 7 Moroccans, residing in both the US and Morocco
- • 6 call Morocco home, including the President, both Vice Presidents, and Country Director
- • 2 Fulbright Grantees to Morocco
- • 1 recipient of the Knight of the Order of National Merit presented by H.M. King Mohammed VI