Position Title: Digital Strategist
Supervised by: HAF President Yossef Ben-Meir
Collaborates with: Director of Development; Cross-Programs; External tech partners
Supervises: IT & Social Media Specialist; Program Coordinator; and IT Consultant
Work Hours: 40 hours
Location: Flexible; Marrakech, Morocco preferable
Basic Function of Position
The Digital Strategist will work closely with the development and communications team to improve upon and systematically implement HAF’s digital engagement strategy across all externally facing media platforms. S/he will be responsible for enhancing and operationalizing systems to generate and/or refine content to maximize quality output and distribution; increase constituent engagement across platforms; convert passive users and followers to subscribers, volunteers, partners, and donors; and organize and monetize digital content with the ultimate goal of driving growth of online donations. This may include the planning and coordination of digital events. On occasion, the Digital Strategist may also lead or contribute to special projects, including non-digital fundraising efforts and events planning and grant-writing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications, Marketing, and Fundraising (90%)
- Coordinate and support the development, editing, scheduling, and strategic publishing of digital media content across HAF’s digital engagement platforms: website and blog; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr; GlobalGiving, LaunchGood, JustGiving; and others.
- Enhance and operationalize an efficient, streamlined internal system for content generation, management, and publication
- Improve post and design strategy to optimize the user experience and convert followers to supporters (i.e., minimize number of clicks to take action–such as donating, purchasing trees, ensure calls to action on every post)
- Conduct trainings with HAF staff, volunteers, and partners/beneficiaries to build individual and organizational capacity for effective and impactful digital storytelling
- Work with the President and DoD to plan and implement donor stewardship activities, including monthly newsletters, giving campaigns and appeals, events, and presentations.
- Digital Donor & Customer Management (10%)
- Work with the President and DoD to develop and maintain a CRM database of Moroccan, American, and Mediterranean individual, institutional, corporate, and community constituents, including prospective, active, and inactive donors.
- Drive, manage, and acknowledge online donations and tree sales via cloud-based CRM, Paypal, Quickbooks, or other platform/s with DoD and Office Manager.
- Draft correspondence to donors including solicitations, acknowledgments, and event/program invitations in coordination with DoD and Office Manager.
- Experience managing cross-platform digital communications for nonprofit, NGO, or business and creating engaging campaigns that convert
- Knowledgeable about digital design and storytelling with a strong commitment to ethics in digital comms, marketing, and nonprofit messaging and fundraising is essential
- Experience living and working in the Moroccan development context, and especially managing projects and in administrative functions
- Ability to work and produce high quality content on a multicultural team, remotely, in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English; proficiency in French and/or Arabic helpful
The Digital Strategist will work remotely at least until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, after which the option to work from HAF’s Marrakech office with occasional field visits will be permitted.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line as “Application for HAF Digital Strategist.”
Please note that this vacancy is not guaranteed to be filled. We will review all applications and consider hiring the right person for the position.