Founded in 2000 by former Peace Corps Volunteers, the High Atlas Foundation (HAF) works to establish development projects in Morocco that local communities design and manage, and that are in partnership with government and nongovernment agencies. HAF – a U.S. 501c3 nonprofit association and a Moroccan national association – uses a participatory approach that includes beneficiaries as active partners in every step of the development process – from prioritizing goals to project implementation and management to monitoring and evaluation. Key to this approach is the facilitation of community planning meetings where beneficiaries together determine the types of projects they want to undertake and create action plans, which are most often in the areas of fruit tree agriculture, clean drinking water, and women’s and girls’ cooperatives.
For more information, please visit www.highatlasfoundation.org
Responsible and reporting to
President of Operations
Summary of primary job functions
The Executive Assistant works closely with the President, Program Managers and administrative staff to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of all HAF programs and operations. This involves handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. Working under the supervision of the HAF’s President, the Executive Assistant will assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative, logistical and program support to the President.
- Plan with President and HAF staff and implement public relations and communication strategy, coordinating with projects stakeholders and partners.
- Work closely with ITS to design website and social media.
- Compiling projects calendars and staff action plans, requiring interaction with program managers, program assistants, and consultants, to coordinate executive, staff, project, and partner meetings.
- Manage communications on behalf of the President and HAF.
- Assist Program Managers with preparation of presentation reports and materials.
- Review proposals, letters, reports, articles and documents; prepare background documents and communications.
- Assist in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing and organizing special events and projects.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Provide general HR Support, including handling HR issues, volunteer requests, etc.
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications–from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Research, build and develop approaches for strategic corporate partners, including promoting sense of Corporate Social Responsibility in the Moroccan private sector
- Arrange and coordinate the travel logistics for the President and visitors, including setting appointments, making hotel reservations, preparing necessary travel documents and information packages.
Assist the President as needed in his HAF operational responsibilities.
- Advanced degree, ideally in a related field, with at least 6 years of senior management experience
- Exceedingly well organized, flexible, and thrive while facing the administrative challenges of supporting a large office of diverse programs and projects.
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills both in French and English, strong decision- making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Support experience in a project support and professional services, PR/marketing, international development
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Passionate about the High Atlas Foundation’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of HAF to external and internal stakeholders
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Competitive salary rate, includes health insurance.
The High Atlas Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with US and Moroccan law.