|Job title:||Field Manager|
|Reports to:||Deputy Chief of Party|
|Start date:||November 1, 2021|
|Working hours:||40 hours/week|
The Field Manager shall primarily work on the USAID Religious and Ethnic Minorities Activity (REMA), which is implemented by the High Atlas Foundation (HAF) and its partners in Morocco. REMA collaboratively develops and pioneers a unique intercultural approach to the participatory and educational preservation of Morocco’s identity heritage. It is implemented in five key locations of renowned significance to both Jewish and Christian heritage in Morocco, inclusive of former and current residents of all faiths and backgrounds. The program aims to engage local communities in Morocco to capture, preserve, and transmit their collective memories in order for them to take ownership in the vitalization of their own histories, identities, and futures.
The Field Manager works closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and other REMA program staff to ensure the smooth operation and effective implementation of the program. They directly supervise and manage the activities and outputs of four roving Field Coordinators who conduct workshops and collect stories from communities in REMA’s three target regions and others in Morocco.
In this role, the Field Manager will be responsible for:
- Support strategic planning of program activities with REMA administrative team, particularly the Deputy Chief of Staff, and REMA partner organizations
- Ensure the timely implementation of program activities and achievement of program objectives, anticipating and troubleshooting challenges and mitigating and responding to identified risks;
- Maintain regular communication with Field Coordinators, providing support when needed, ensuring accountability, and traveling to monitor field activities as needed
- Develop and monitor Field Team work plans on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Support financial management, including actuals and cash-flow for field activities;
- Maintain an ongoing Activities Report and produce the first written draft of quarterly performance reports to be submitted to USAID in English;
- At least 3 years of experience in project management;
- High working proficiency in English and Arabic required; French language skills a plus; proficiency in Tamazight and/or Tachelhit languages preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills;
- Experience in a managerial position;
- Experience with financial management is a plus;
- Knowledge of common workplace softwares (i.e., Microsoft Suite, Google Suite)
- Comfortable working remotely and traveling frequently, potentially in rural areas throughout Morocco;
- Experience and interest working with cultural heritage, restoration, or other research projects is an asset.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than October 21, 2021 at 12pm.