The High Atlas Foundation was formed by the vision and drive of former Peace Corps Volunteers. Since its establishment in 2000, HAF has carried the tradition of service and flourished because of the support of passionate interns and volunteers to help further the organization’s mission. Students, young professionals, and individuals inspired by HAF’s efforts to create sustainable development in Morocco have joined our team and shared their skills and expertise to develop projects, provide administrative assistance, and help share our story with the global community.
There are many important and fulfilling ways that Interns can contribute to sustainable development in Morocco. The participatory approach to development that we facilitate with communities in Morocco means that there are a range of project types we support, as well as programs and policies that we advocate through articles and meetings. HAF volunteers and interns are integral to most all aspects of HAF’s operations so we do our very best to identify through conversation their scopes of work that both develop their skills in the areas they most want while at the same time advance the community projects and mission of HAF.
HAF supports three categories of volunteerism:
- Volunteers coming as Interns from different universities around the world for a period of 3-6 months: associated with the Internship is the development of thesis research as well as related Intern support for HAF operations.
- Student volunteers coming through our partnerships with youth organizations: we are flexible as to its duration and time of year. We build volunteer assignments around the skills-sets of the individual volunteer and the professional areas they desire to develop.
- HAF hosts volunteer-experts who assist with projects regarding different aspects of the agricultural value-chain.
Internships are unpaid (without housing or a stipend) and are a minimum of 2 months (preferred 3 months) with various focuses. As an intern, you will be responsible for managing your own projects and responsibilities, so we look for candidates who have displayed independence in their previous work. You will gain close insight into HAF’s operations and activities in Morocco while gaining experience in various areas related to sustainable development and NGO development. We offer internship opportunities with our offices in Morocco (Marrakech, Fes, and Oujda) and remotely.
In order to be considered for an internship, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining: 1) why you are interested in working with the High Atlas Foundation, 2) your area(s) of expertise, and 3) the time period/dates for which you are interested in interning.
All interns and volunteers are expected to display:
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French and Arabic proficiency desired)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional independence and initiative
To apply for an internship with the High Atlas Foundation, please email: email@example.com